martes, 8 de septiembre de 2009

UNIT 4 - PEOPLE ON THE STREETS

Vocabulary: people's problems and difficulties, homelife
Grammar: "would like" usage
Pronuntiation: short vowels /i/ and /o/
Oral and written productions and comprehension: comparing written texts with what you hear

1) Listen the following conversation and then answer the questions:

a)What are the going to see?
b)Where is the cinema?
c)What time does the film starts?
d)Are they going to be late?
e)Who do they see in the street?

2) Look at the pictures and write a sentences to explain what is going to happen. You must use the form " to be going to "

(a car falling down a mountain/ a boy ordering a hamburguer at a restaurant/ a couple about t start to play tennis/ a sleeping boy and a clock sounding/ a girl at the cinema entrance paying the ticket/ a grey cloud)

3) Read the following text and fill in the gaps with the following words:

didn't like get cold going to I'd like I'm wasn't happy

Tom:
My name's Tom. ....... fifteen years old. I come from Leeds in the north of England. I'm living in London now. I came to London because I .......... at home and I ............... my school. It's OK here. I haven't got a job and I haven't got a flat, so I sleep here in this shop. I'd like to stay in London, and ............. to get a job, but I think I'm ........... go home. Go back to Leeds. I can't do much here. I haven't got any money. People sometimes give me money, but not much. And it's going to ........... soon. Yes, I think I'm going to go home.

4) Discuss with your partners: Do people live on the street in Spain? Do you give them money?
Imagine you haven't got a home. What do you do? Where do you go? Who can help you?

5) Put the following text fragments in the right order:

a) So I'm selling this magazine. It's called the "The Big Issue". I buy it for 30p and sell it for 70p. I'm going to save the money. Then I'm going to find a place to live. And then I'm going to get a job. Then I'm going to study for my exams. I would like to work with computers.
b)I came to London to find a job. I didn't find a job. I didn't have any money. I didn't have any friends. I didn't have any family.
c) So, if you see me, please buy the "The Big Issue"
d)So, I'm living on the street. Usually I sleep in the doorway of a shop. I would like to get a job and I would like to find a flat, but it's difficult. I haven't got any qualifications and I haven't got any money. My clothes are dirty. No one wants to give me a job.

6) Write a text explaining what you want to do in the future. This must contain the following information:
a) Where you would like to live
b)What type of job you would like to get.
c) What you are going to study

7)Rewrite the following sentences by using "would like", so that they sound more polite:
a) What do you want?
b) I want to go to the cinema
c) Do you want a coke?
d)I want more feed, I'm hungry
e) They want to go fishing

8) Listen to these words and practice saying:
/i/ /o/
pit not
hit what
ill job

and now place these words in the right column: wash, this, think, hot.

No hay comentarios: