Oral production and comprehension: saying what you can do on a computer, comparing compruter technology
Grammar: comparative and superlative adjectives and progressive present
Written production and comprehension: understanding the world wide web.
Pronuntiation: /W/
1) Listen and the following dialogue and fill in the gaps;
Bob: Hello,Paul?
Paul: Yes.
Bob: It's me, Bob.
Paul: Bob¡ What is the matter?
Bob: Nothing. I'm on a ......... phone
Paul: What¡ You've got a mobile phone¡
Bob: No, it's my Dad's phone.
Paul: Well, be quick. Mobile phones are much more ............. than normal phones.
Bob: Yes, but they are more useful. Have you got one?
Paul: My dad has at the office. But I don't use it. He says it's more practice ..... and quicker letters. He says letters are snail mail¡
Bob: Has you dad got a fax machine?
Paul: He's got a fax at the office, I think. Why?
Bob: I've got this great photo. I can send it to you.
Paul: No, don't. I can see it when I see you.
Bob: Ok, I'm going to suf the ......... now.
Paul; What?
Bob: I'm going to talk to someone on the internet. It's great. It's ........... than phones and it's much more exciting. See you, bye¡
a) Read the text in pairs. The teached may change key words so that students can get deeper awareness of text structures.
b)Underline the adjectives on the text
c) Complete these sentences:
- The internet is cheaper ..... phones.
- Mobile phones are much more expensive ....... normal phones.
- E-mail is qucker and cheaper ...... letters.
2) In pairs, discuss what you can do on a computer. The following expressions may be useful:
*Do your homework * Play computer games *Talk to your friends on the internet * Watch series and films * Send e-mails * Use facebook/Tuenti, etc * Write a blog * Edit and watch pictures * Listen or download music *Design your own website
3) Look at the following adjectives. Write their comparative and superlative form:
old/new/expensive/cheap/quick/slow/exciting/fat/thin/big/small/tall/short/good/bad/intelligent/dark/light/large/narrow/easy/difficult/funny/interesting/ happy/ sad/
4) Read the following text extracted from a website and complete the sentences below:
KRAZY KAT
Hi, it's me, Dave the Krazy Kat¡¡ I welcome to my website. My website is the place I live. You can talk to me here any time. Are you an experienced surfer or are you a newbie?
You're a newbie? Ok, On the internet you're on the worldwide web. On the web you can visit lots of different places and meet thousands of people from every nation. Click on my picture and you'll go to my website. If you see an underlined word, click on it and you can go to a new website.
Krazy Kat is the best website for kids. Come and join me¡
a) if you don't know the Internet you are a ........
b) A short word for the Internet is....
c) A place on the worldwide web is a .....
d) To find a place you ...... on it with your ......
e) If you go to different places on the Internet we say you are an Internet........
5) Read aloud the following clauses:
a) What's the worldwide web?
b) Why will we work on the web?
c) Which web site do you want?
6) Complete the following sentences by using a comparative form:
a) My motorbike isn't very fast, I'd like a ............
b) My husband isn't very rich, I need a .......
c) Your computer is old already. You need a ......
d) His camera isn't very good. You need a .....
e)It isn't very hot today. It was ....... yesterday.
f) I'm not very interested in football. I'm .................. in tenis.
7) Complete the following sentences by using adjectives in superlative form:
a)She is a pretty girl. She is the ....... in my class.
b) August is a hot month in Spain. It usually is the ........ one of the year.
c) That one is a very expensive restaurant in Madrid. I think it is the ...................... restaurant of the city.
d)It's a very interesting book. It is one of the ......................... books I've ever read.
e)My wedding day was the ................. day of my life

No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario